27 year-old country singer Carrie Underwood and 30 year-old pro hockey player Mike Fisher tied the knot on July 10 at the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation in Georgia in a wedding they called "a spiritual expression of their love" – a special moment for a "very special couple."
Other fun wedding details include:
- 250 guests attended the wedding.
- the ceremony features classical music and the couple's favorite Bible readings.
- Carrie wore a chantilly lace and silk organza Monique Lhuillier gown and a diamond tiara, which was Mike’s gift to his new bride. Lhuillier also designed the bridesmaids' dresses.
- the bride walked down the aisle to a string quartet playing Wagner’s Bridal Chorus.
- Carrie's nephew Max was the ring bearer and Mike's cousin Hanna was flower girl.
- Carrie's dog, Ace, was also present during the ceremony wearing a pink Swarovski crystal-encrusted tuxedo.
- the wedding reception was all pink.
- the wedding cake was a cupcake tower made by bridesmaid Ivey Childers and the couple's first dance was '“Love Never Fails"”, sung at the wedding by contemporary Christian singer Brandon Heath.
"Carrie looked stunning,"” Mike said at the wedding. "I was thanking God for her, for that moment. It’s something I’ll never forget."
"The night exceeded all the hopes I had. It was a great party." Carrie added.
"We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us!" the newlyweds said.
More details about the wedding was shared by the newlyweds on the latest cover of People Magazine.