Friday, December 26, 2008 , Posted by JED at 10:47:00 AM
1. Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z wed in a secret rooftop ceremony on April 4, 2008 in New York City. The music superstars waited for weeks to confirm their marriage to the press.
2. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon eloped at Carey's private estate on Windemere Island in the Bahamas on April 30, 2008. Their marriage caught many by surprise, since they hadn't been seen in public together very often prior.
3. Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson tied the knot in an "Alice in Wonderland"-themed wedding at the Simpson family home on May 28, 2008.
4. Jessica Alba married Cash Warren on May, 19, 2008, while she was eight months pregnant with his child. The two met on the set of "Fantastic Four" in 2004.
5. Charlie Sheen wed Brooke Mueller, wife no. 3, on May 30, 2008. Charlie divorced Denise Richards in 2006, but they continue to feud very bitterly in public.
6. Ruben Studdard wed Surata Zuri McCants outside his hometown of Birmingham, Alabama on June 28, 2008. The "American Idol" winner did not serenade his bride during the ceremony, leaving the music to a string ensemble.
7. Country singer Jewel wrangled up professional bull rider Ty Murray in matrimony on August 7, 2008. The couple married in the Bahamas after ten years together.
8. The California Supreme Court ruled that the ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional in May, legalizing gay and lesbian marriages. After going back and forth on having a large, star-studded wedding, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi decided on an intimate ceremony at their Beverly Hills home. The two were wed in front of 19 guests on August 16, 2008.
9. Deborah Lin wed "Sopranos" star James Gandolfini in her native Hawaii on August 30, 2008. Talk about being married to the mob!
10. George Takei married Brad Altman, his partner of 21 years, on September 14, 2008. Takei's "Star Trek" costar Walter Koenig ("Chekov") was his best man, and Nichelle Nichols ("Uhura") was the Matron of Honor.
11. Shock jock Howard Stern showed off her softer side while romancing model Beth Ostrosky. The two wed on October 3, 2008 at Le Cirque restaurant in New York City.